I guess people like my books

I think as any author or creative will tell you, we are a self doubting bunch who constantly put ourselves down.  In  a way this is good for readers because that self doubt always pushes us to improve our works much as with my recent efforts to expand and extend all my books.
Having a little devil on your shoulder all the time whispering negative ideas is not a good thing and the idea of self promotion is abhorrent! I don't want to sit here and tell you how cool my books are because as the creator of the works, I am really bias.
I must however occasionally accept praise and put this to one side, especially when for some reason I am getting a lot of positive feedback.

On Goodreads, I have had two books rated. The overall rating average is 4.5 out of 5. This is surprising for me in a way although I am grateful to those who have taken the time.

Yesterday I got a fan of my work post up a comment on my facebook page and to say I am shocked and humbled is something of an understatement. This reader offered me very high praise indeed.

As a result I decided to take a quick shifty around the various outlets my books are being sold through. To my amazement I found that 13 of my books have been rated on Kobo as 5 out of 5 (technically it's 11 titles but includes the Proteus Neo Alphius Saga Box set which is 3 books).
That means overall at this moment based on my sample of ratings, my books are officially rated at 4.93 out of 5.

I personally don't know if I deserve this, but I will have to humbly accept that people like my books.

Thank you to everyone who has taken a chance on my work and then taken time to let me know what they think. As always this spurs me on to do more.

Now, back to doubting myself...

Alex